Now more than ever, nonprofits are embracing nonprofit content marketing as the latest and greatest strategy to raise awareness and drive donations.
Times have changed and nonprofits are turning to online opportunities to deliver their message. Instead of focussing on direct marketing techniques, they are now turning to online content marketing strategies.
What does nonprofit content marketing mean?
Content marketing for nonprofits is creating and sharing relevant and valuable content that attracts, educates, motivates and inspires your participants and supporters so they can help you achieve your mission.
Here are 5 content marketing ideas to increase donations:
- Start with a plan. Take the time to develop a comprehensive content marketing strategy. Use a calendar or spreadsheet to plan it over 6 to 12 months and then work the plan. This will save time and eliminate the scrambling for content at the last minute.
- Focus on specific points. Create content around specific points and then monitor the results. This will help you fine tune which messages are helping to drive the most donations.
- Recruit your staff to help. Chances are your staff already has social media accounts. Ask them to post content about your nonprofit on their accounts. This add a personal touch and spreads your message and maximizes sharing.
- Pay attention to the data. Setup Google alerts so you can monitor what people are saying about your organization. Set some time every month to evaluate what is working with your content marketing strategy. Keep an eye on the data and design your donation marketing strategy around your successes.
- Position your nonprofit as a mover and shaker. Focus on the problems you are solving for your constituents and tell their story. This is where the human interest and emotion comes in to drive donations.
Nonprofit Content Marketing Raises Awareness
Content marketing is a powerful way for your organization to raise awareness about your mission and drive donations. There are several goals that you can achieve by using content marketing. Some include: growing your mailing list, attracting new program participants, keeping volunteers engaged and best of all – increasing your donor base. All this and more can be accomplished using nonprofit content marketing.
Nonprofit content marketing follows the following stages:
- Attract: Website visitor.
- Convert: Website visitor signs up for your mailing list.
- Close: Email subscriber makes a donation and becomes a donor.
- Advocate: Donor becomes a volunteer or participant to raise awareness.
By sharing content in your community, your organization will be viewed as a trusted friend. Use your content to build personal relationships and provide value.
Your efforts will go a long way in building lasting relationships and spreading the word about your mission. It is very important that you adapt with the times and successfully make the shift to original and curated content that is distributed over social media channels in order to increase awareness.
Want to read more? Check out these insightful articles:
Did you find this article useful? We welcome your thoughts and comments.
photo credit: TopRank Social SEO Cycle